Observing Venus in 2016
- Average visual magnitude: Â -4.6
- Venus shines bright enough in the night sky to be seen with the naked eye.
- In fact, Venus is the second brightest object in the night sky behind the Moon.
- Because its orbit around the Sun is within the Earth’s orbit around the Sun, Venus is visible only a few hours before or after sunset.
See below for a list of the best times to view Venus in 2016
The information linked was taken from In-The-Sky website byÂ Dominc Ford.
- Saturday 15th October 2015 Â – Â Venus at greatest elongation west
- Monday 6th June 2016 Â – Â Venus at superior solar conjunction
- Thursday 12th January 2017 Â – Â Venus at greatest elongation east
- Saturday 25th March 2017 Â – Â Venus at inferior solar conjunction
Ephemeris for Venus in 2016
Currents Views from Earth – diagram live!Â Â Â (Source by The Sky Live)
Back toÂ Astronomical Calendar for 2016Â page.