Abbreviation: Â Pic
English Name: Â The Fishes
Hemisphere:Â Â Northern Hemisphere
Location:Â Between the constellations of Aries and Aquarius.
Visible between latitudes: Â +90 and -65 degrees
Best season: Autumn
Seen in three seasons:Â Summer, Autumn & Winter
Best seen in:Â November
Seen between:Â September and January
Right Ascension (RA):Â 01 hour
Declination (DEC):Â Â +15 degrees
Area (square degrees): Â 889 (14th)
Pisces (The Fishes)
- Depicts two fishes whose tails are each tied with cord.
- M74 Â – Â Spiral Galaxy; visible through a small telescope as a rounded misty patch. (Magnitude: +10.1)
Features of Interest
- The Circlet Â – Â One of the key ways to identify Pisces is to find the ring of seven stars -` The Circlet of Pisces`, Â also known as the head of the Western Fish; to the south of the Square of Pegasus. Also the Eastern Fish can be seen leaping upward to the east of the Square of Pegasus.
- AlrishaÂ (Alpha Psc)
- Fum al SamakahÂ (Beta Psc)
- Torcularis SeptentrionalisÂ (Omicron Psc)
- Photo of the constellation;Â Pisces, as it appears to the naked eye. (Lines have been added for clarity.)
- Sky Chart Â – Â Pisces
- List of stars in Pisces.
Back toÂ The 88 Constellations ListsÂ page.