Universe is everything that we can ever know
all of space and all of time.
Before the Universe
It came into existence there was nothingness;
- no space
- no time
- no energy
- no matter
Before the Big Bang – nothingness
The Big Bang – the Universe begins
The Study of the Universe since the Big Bang
- explosion (known as the Big Bang) – latest estimates of the Universe’s age; it’s now about 14 billion years old.
- future and large-scale (features is known as Cosmology.
- expanding and continues getting bigger all the time.
- most distant galaxies are rush outwards in all directions – moving away from us at about 90% of the speed of light.
- recent theories suggest that our Universe may just be one of countless bubbles of space-time.
- no maximum possible temperature in the Universe.
- accurate minimum possible temperature of -273ºc.
- working in specialised laboratories, they cannot achieve this ultimate low temperature than -273ºc.
- matter is not spread out evenly throughout the Universe.
- on the largest-scale, the Universe lies up of thin filaments (fibre), each one made of millions galaxies that surround huge empty space that contain nothing but clouds of hydrogen (gas) between galaxies.