Universe is everything that we can ever know
all of space and all of time.
Before the Universe . . .
It came into existence there was nothingness;
- no space
- no time
- no energy
- no matter
The Big Bang
The Study of the Universe since the Big Bang
- explosion (known as the Big Bang) – latest estimates of the Universe’s age; it’s now about 14 billion years old.
- future and large-scale (features is known as Cosmology. )
- expanding and continues getting bigger all the time.
- most distant galaxies are rush outwards in all directions – moving away from us at about 90% of the speed of light.
- recent theories suggest that our Universe may just be one of countless bubbles of space-time.
- no maximum possible temperature in the Universe.
- accurate minimum possible temperature of -273ºc.
- working in specialized laboratories, they cannot achive this ultimate low temperature than -273ºc.
- matter is not spread out evenly throughout the Universe.
- on the largest-scale, the Universe lies up of thin filaments (fibre), each one made of millions galaxies that surround huge empty space that contain nothing but clouds of hydrogen (gas) between galaxies.
Back to The Universe page.