Liquid Fuel in rockets
- Konstantin Tsiolkovsky was a Russian school-teacher
- He was one of the first men to think of using liquid fuel in rockets.
- The first rocket flight in 1926, Robert Goddard of Massachusetts, was an American, fired the first rocket with liquid fuel. (See photo above.)
- He launched it on his Aunt Effie’s farm and after reaching an altitude of 41 feet and landing 184 feet away in a cabbage field.
Born: 23rd March 1912 (Wyrzysk, Germany Empire, now became Poland since 1919)
Died: 16th June 1977 (Alexandria, Virginia, USA)
- Wernher von Braun (wikipedia) was born in Germany and involvement with the Nazi Regime.
- He, with his arim in a cast from a car accident, surrendered to the Americans just before this photo on 3rd May 1945.
- He lived in America.
- He had designed many American rockets.
First Human into outer space!
Russian pilot, Yiri Gagarin, was the first man to travel in outer space, when his Vostok spacecraft completed an orbit of the Earth on 12 April 1961.
Alexei Leonov of Russia was the first man to “walk” in space, and floated about outside his spacecraft at the end of a rope.
Neil Armstrong of America was the first man to set foot on the Moon, and walked on the Moon for over two hours.