English Name: The Fishes
Hemisphere: Northern Hemisphere
Location: Between the constellations of Aries and Aquarius.
Visible between latitudes: +90 and -65 degrees
Best season: Autumn
Seen in three seasons: Summer, Autumn & Winter
Best seen in: November
Seen between: September and January
Right Ascension (RA): 01 hour
Declination (DEC): +15 degrees
Area (square degrees): 889 (14th)
Pisces (The Fishes)
- Depicts two fishes whose tails are each tied with cord.
- M74 – Spiral Galaxy; visible through a small telescope as a rounded misty patch. (Magnitude: +10.1)
Features of Interest
- The Circlet – One of the key ways to identify Pisces is to find the ring of seven stars -` The Circlet of Pisces`, also known as the head of the Western Fish; to the south of the Square of Pegasus. Also the Eastern Fish can be seen leaping upward to the east of the Square of Pegasus.
- Alrisha (Alpha Psc)
- Fum al Samakah (Beta Psc)
- Torcularis Septentrionalis (Omicron Psc)
- Photo of the constellation; Pisces, as it appears to the naked eye. (Lines have been added for clarity.)
- Sky Chart – Pisces
- List of stars in Pisces.
Back to The 88 Constellations Lists page.